Toddlers love playing with all kinds of toys. Educational toys are a great way to keep your two year old boy entertained while he learns new skills and builds upon his existing knowledge.
When choosing a toy, always consider the toy’s safety, your child’s ability to understand how to use the toy, and your toddler’s needs and interest as well as the skills that are emerging.
Toys are fun! You probably won’t find a typically developing child who doesn’t find pleasure in playing with toys.
However, children’s toys are more than just fun and games.
Most toys are designed to provide opportunities for kids to learn and develop. Young kids use toys to learn about the world around them.
Toys help toddlers learn how to talk, walk, write, count, interact with others, problem-solve, etc.
Every new color, texture, shape, and sound, is a new learning opportunity for your little boy.
The main aim of educational toys is to help young children reach their developmental milestones while having fun.
Providing age-appropriate and safe toys to your toddler boy helps him discover his senses and learn about his environment.
So, choosing age-appropriate toys for your toddler is very important in helping him reach developmental milestones.
Some of the must-haves for toddler include:
- Blocks (help develop eye-hand coordination, fine and gross motor skills)
- Musical toys (reinforce language, cognitive, and social skills, promote relaxation, develop gross and motor social skills)
- LEGO (promotes patience and organizational skills, encourages fine motor skills development, improves concentration and focus)
- Wooden toys (promote sensory and language development, cognitive growth, and fine motor skills)
- Balls (improve hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills)
- Puzzles (promote persistence and focus, language skills, hand-eye coordination, abstract thinking, etc.)
- Building toys (boost hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, patience, and focus)
- Pretend-play toys such as food toys, dolls, doctor’s sets, etc. (encourage social and emotional skills development, language development, etc.)
- STEM toys (boost problem-solving, critical thinking, and help develop lifelong skills)
Educational Benefits of Toys
The best toys to engage your 2 year old boy’s senses, encourage learning, gross and fine motor skills development, emotional expression and control, and social interaction.
Educational toys will also boost your toddler’s language and speech development, spark his imagination and creativity, and help him learn about social roles and rules.
Additionally, toys like colorful shape sorters or puzzles teach toddlers to match similar items and help develop language and vocabulary.
These toys also promote motor skills and problem-solving abilities.
Language and literacy-promoting toys are important in preschool and kindergarten age kids, as they introduce them to things they will be learning at school.