Check Table of Contents
- How Wooden Activity Cubes Encourage Your Child’s Development?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Are you looking for the best wooden activity cubes for toddlers? We have selected ones with excellent feedback from other parents.
Affiliate disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you visit a link on our site and make a qualifying purchase, we may earn a commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- These educational toys help kids learn about shapes, develop problem-solving skills, and more
How Wooden Activity Cubes Encourage Your Child’s Development?
Toddlers learn about the world around them by manipulating various objects.
Wooden activity cubes typically contain many elements that your child can use in different ways.
So, wooden activity cubes for toddlers can be a great way to teach your child about colors, counting, shapes, and imaginative play.
As they move beads around a maze, kids practice their fine motor skills, develop spatial awareness, and begin to learn about object permanence.
While it may seem like a simple activity, wooden activity cubes help build and strengthen the pathways in the brain essential for learning and development.
Hape Country Critters Wooden Activity Play Cube
This colorful Country Critters Wooden Activity Play Cube is very eye-catching and fun for toddlers.
Made with non-toxic paint, this wooden activity cube features a shape sorting puzzle, a bead maze, spinning balls, a ball with mallet, a roller coaster and tracking panel.
The wooden beads in the activity maze has cute little faces of animals and fish and there is also a frog on top.
One side has a geometric shape sorter with cute little faces on the shapes to really engage your child.
Another side has a roller coaster for wooden balls with happy smiley faces to roll down.
In order to make the balls roll, your child will need to hit each balls with the mallet which they will really enjoy!
On another side, there is a large maze with more animal pieces for your child to spin.
All in all, this wooden Activity Cube is a wonderful educational and learning toy for your child that provides a whole lot of fun, excitement and engagement!
Measuring 13.8” X 13.8” X 19.7″, parents love that this activity cube is made from wood and built to last.
If you are looking for a great activity cube for your child’s birthday or Christmas, then this exciting Country Critter Cube from Hape might be the perfect choice!
Why We Recommend The Country Critters Wooden Activity Play Cube
- Kids love the little critters with happy faces featured throughout the cube and have great fun playing with them!
- Fun educational toy that helps your child learn about shapes, animals, colors, counting and more
- Encourages your child to engage in storytelling and imaginative play
- Perfect for playing with independently or for shared play with other toddlers or siblings
- Cube has a number of different activities that will help your child develop finger strength and refine their fine motor skills
- Although some assembly is needed, parents find putting this cube together simple and easy
- Will grow with your child as the activities have varying levels of difficulty
- Cube is well made and holds up well to your toddler’s rough and tumble play
Discover My Busy Town Wooden Activity Cube
If you’re looking for a fun and engaging toy for your toddler, then the Discover My Busy Town Wooden Activity Cube might be the perfect choice.
Made from solid wood, this bright colorful 16″x12″x12″ cube has 5 sides with lots of activities for your son or daughter to enjoy.
On the top side of the cube, there are colored wires with large beads for your toddler to manipulate and move.
Another side has peek-a-boo doors that open and close to provide great excitement and fun!
There is also a side that has spinning wooden cubes with letters of the alphabet and a corresponding image for that letter so your child can learn and grow in a fun way.
The My Busy Town cube also has a side where your toddler can race cars with a sibling or friend, as well as a side where they can spin and match animals.
Guaranteed to keep your little one engaged and entertained while having great fun and learning, this Alex Jr Activity Cube is a very popular choice with parents.
Parents love that it’s non-toxic and BPA Free, durable and will grow with their child, giving them great value for money.
This cleverly designed wooden activity cube is both fun and educational, making it a wonderful gift idea for any toddler.
Why We Recommend The Discover My Busy Town Wooden Activity Cube
- Fantastic fun and engaging toy that toddlers love!
- Lots of great varied activities for your toddler to enjoy
- Activities are the perfect size for little hands to increase their dexterity
- Ideal for independent play or group play because of its size so you child can enjoy playing with others
- Great educational toy for your child to start learning the alphabet and so much more
- Helps your child to develop their fine motor skills through playing with the various activities
- Great for improving your child’s gross motor skills and leg strength as they use the cube to pull themselves up to try to stand
- Safe and durable as it’s non-toxic, BPA Free and has rounded edges
- Grows with your child for several years, giving your great value for money
EverEarth Garden Wooden Activity Cube
This captivating EverEarth Garden Wooden Activity Cube features lots of activities your little one will love.
Made of natural wood with non-toxic paint, what makes this cube unique is that there are 6 sides with activities for your child to engage with and enjoy!
The activity cube bead maze on the top really catches children’s eye as they love the bright colors and moving the beads along the winding wires.
There are lots of gears that turn, shapes to spin, as well as animals and objects that slide along a track on other sides of the cube to really keep your child interested.
It also comes with detachable shapes that fit into a geometric shape sorter type of activity.
This is a great learning activity cube for kids as it introduces shapes, colors, numbers, animals and so much more.
The size of this cube makes it perfect for your toddler to play independently or with another small child or parent.
It’s the right height for them when they are sitting down, as they can reach the activities easily and engage with them.
The advantage of having 6 sides is that it’s less likely to tip over if your child does try to pull themselves up using the cube.
Measuring 15.7” X14” 15.9”, a number of parents shared that they bought this cube for their child’s birthday as a gift and it was a huge hit!
Why We Recommend The EverEarth Garden Wooden Activity Cube
- Fantastic fun as your toddler manipulates beads, shapes, gears and more!
- Wondering educational toy as your child will learn about numbers, animals, shapes and more
- With objects to turn, slide, move along a wire, and spin, this cube is sure to help your child develop their fine motor skills and hand dexterity
- Great for independent or shared play
- Introduces your child to problem solving and thinking skills
- Cube has enough interesting activities that it may well engage your child for a number of years
- Well made and durable and will support your child trying to pull themselves up
- Made from natural wood which parents absolutely love!
- Activities on this cube allow your child to experience the joy of discovery as each different activity will allow them to explore different objects and ways to manipulate these objects
Frequently Asked Questions
At what age are activity cubes good for?
Most activity cubes are designed for children aged 1 year and above.
However, once your little one can sit up without support, you can hand them a soft activity cube to explore, under your supervision.
Are activity cubes good for kids?
Activity cubes help kids develop their fine motor skills as they hold on to, grab and manipulate the cube.
They’re also good for hand-eye coordination, gross motor skills and recognition of colors and shapes.
Don’t forget about the social skills kids develop while playing with their friends.
How can I help my child use activity tubes for Gross Development?
Encourage tummy time – get your little one to play with activity tubes with spinning components and watch them lie down on their tummy.
This makes their shoulder and neck muscles stronger.
What factors should I consider when buying activity cubes?
Age-appropriateness – consider the recommended age range for each set and your child’s developmental stage.
For instance, if your child can recognize a few alphabets, get them an activity cube with all alphabets and some few basic words.
Safety – consider the size of the pieces of the activity cube and whether or not they’re detachable or broken off easily. Ensure there are no sharp edges.
Material – wood is more preferable than plastic.