Check Table of Contents
What makes these the best stem toys for 2-3 year old children?
We’ll start with LEGO DUPLO sets that help to learn letters and numbers.
Affiliate disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you visit a link on our site and make a qualifying purchase, we may earn a commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
LEGO DUPLO My First Number Train(10847)
The LEGO DUPLO My First Number Train is a fun and educational building kit for toddlers.
This set comes with 23 pieces, including an engine and enough bricks to build three cars.
The cars snap together easily to make one longer train, or they can be played with separately. And the bottoms of the cars have wheels on them so your child can have fun rolling the train around once they’ve built it.
This set also comes with a boy and girl mini figure and a cute little cat. And toddlers like that the top of the
engine flips open so they can put little items in there to haul around.
The colorful bricks are numbered 0-9, so it’s a great way for your toddler to practice counting and color recognition.
All the pieces are large and chunky so they’re easy for small toddler hands to hold and build with. And building with these bricks is a fun way for your child to develop their fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity.
There are enough bricks for your child to build the train in a few different ways, so your little one can get really creative.
And it’s compatible with other LEGO DUPLO bricks, so your child can keep adding to their play time and storytelling fun.
Ideal for kids 18 months to 36 months old, this DUPLO learning set is sure to keep your toddler happily engaged for long periods of time!
Why We Recommend the LEGO DUPLO My First Number Train
- This building set allows your toddler to have lots of fun while they’re learning
- Great way for your child to practice number and color recognition
- Little kids love that they can play with this train once they’ve built it
- Comes with enough bricks to build an engine and three train cars
- The top of the engine flips open, allowing your child to put little items inside
- The bottoms of the train cars have wheels and kids love rolling the train around
- The cars snap together easily to make one longer train, or can be played with separately
- Using these DUPLO bricks can help your toddler develop their fine motor skills, dexterity, and hand-eye coordination
- Fun way for kids to be creative and develop their problem solving skills
- Building this train is a great way to boost your toddler’s self-confidence
- This set of bricks can be used with other DUPLO bricks for even more pretend play fun
- Encourages your little one to engage in imaginative play
- Durable and sure to last for years of building fun
LEGO DUPLO My First Alphabet Truck (10915)
This LEGO DUPLO My First Alphabet Truck is great for younger toddlers just learning to stack bricks and can also be used as a fun learning tool by parents.
With 36 pieces in all, along with the truck, your child will also get 26 colorful bricks, a girl figure, a boy figure, and a cute little teddy bear figure.
Each alphabet brick is a different color and has a different letter of the alphabet on it. Younger toddlers can use the bricks to learn the alphabet or have fun stacking them, while older toddlers can use the bricks to make simple words.
The figures fit inside the cab and also easily connect to the top of the bricks. And toddlers love rolling the truck around and playing with it once it’s built!
Along with the building kit, your child will also get a colorful poster with each letter of the alphabet on it. The poster is a fun way for them to practice their letter matching. color recognition, sorting, and stacking skills.
The bricks are large and easy for small hands to hold and connect. And building with DUPLO bricks is an excellent way for your toddler to develop their fine motor skills, dexterity, and hand-eye coordination.
Easy enough for kids as young as 1½ to play with, it’s a wonderful way to encourage your little one’s imagination.
Plus the bricks in this kit can be used with other DUPLO bricks, enabling your toddler to be even more creative.
My First Alphabet Truck is an ideal first building kit for young toddlers!
Why We Recommend The LEGO DUPLO My First Alphabet Truck
- It’s a great first building kit for young kids!
- Comes with 26 colorful bricks, each with a different letter of the alphabet on it
- Great way for younger toddlers to learn the alphabet
- Fun way for older toddlers to practice making simple words
- Bricks are large and easy for small hands to hold and connect
- Fun way for toddlers to practice their letter matching skills, color recognition, sorting, and stacking skills
- Also comes with a colorful poster that has each letter of the alphabet on it
- Toddlers enjoy playing with the girl figure, boy figure, and cute little teddy bear figure
- Can help your little one develop their fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity
- Great way to encourage your toddler to use their imagination and be creative
- Toddlers love that they can play with the truck and roll it around once they’ve built it
- Bricks in this set can be used with other DUPLO bricks, for even more pretend play fun
- Bricks are well made and designed to last
LEGO DUPLO All-in-One Pink Box of Fun 10571
If you have a 2 year old girl that just loves to build all kinds of things, then this LEGO DUPLO All-in-One Pink Box of Fun is a fantastic starter building toy for her to enjoy!
She will get a total of 65 pieces that will include a little girl figure, numbered blocks, windows, a bunny, decorated blocks, and a hen for wonderful creative and imaginary play.
Your toddler will be able to build a house and create a unique scene with all the pieces, then take it apart and rebuild her next ideas.
The numbered blocks can be used to help your child with learning her numbers and she can learn to match each number with the relevant decorated colored block to improve her matching skills.
All the pieces are the perfect size for her tiny hands so that she can easily put the blocks together and take them apart.
When she is done playing with them, they all can be stored in the lovely pink box they come in, keeping things neat and tidy.
A number of parents shared that their daughter loved this LEGO DUPLO building set and it was the perfect birthday gift for their little girl!
They also mentioned that they liked the fact that the house was easy to build as that gave their 2 year old a lot of confidence to go on and build other things.
Why We Recommend The LEGO DUPLO All-in-One Pink Box of Fun
- Little girls love building things with this gorgeous girly building toy!
- Easy to use as the blocks fit together well making it easy for toddlers to build things
- Nice mixture of pieces, such as the little girl, bunny, windows and more to encourage creative play
- Enhances your child’s motor skills and their hand-eye coordination
- Can be used to teach your child numbers, counting, matching and more
- Pieces are perfect size for small hands to work with
- Playing with the blocks will help improve your child’s dexterity
- Excellent starter building toy set for any child age 2 and up
- Handy storage contained to keep all the pieces in one place
Frequently Asked Questions
We will be adding frequently asked questions shortly.