Check Table of Contents
- Our Top Three Pics
- How Magnetic Tiles and Building Blocks for Toddlers Encourage Motor Skills
- Editor’s Choice – Our Top Pick Of The Best Magnetic Tile Set For A Toddler
- PicassoTiles 100 Piece Magnetic Building Tiles Set
- Browse More Articles
- PicassoTiles 60 Piece Magnetic Tile Set
- Shapemags 32 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set
- BMAG 58 Piece Magnetic Building Block Set
- FunEdu 100 Piece Magnetic Tiles Building Set
- Frequently Asked Questions About Magnetic Toys
Does your child love to build things with anything they can get their hands on?
Then gifting them one of the best magnetic tile sets for toddlers will encourage and inspire them to explore their creativity.
Kids love stacking and building all kinds of shapes and structures and it’s a very important part of their development.
So it’s good to encourage your budding architect or builder to use their imagination to create even more fantastic colorful structures and shapes with magnetic toys.
We’ve handpicked only the very best toddler magnetic tiles that will allow their imaginations and creativity soar.
If they can dream it, they can create it.
And best of all, they’ll have a ton of fun doing it!
Disclaimer: Hobbiesandplay.com is reader-supported. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
Our Top Three Pics
Top pick: PicassoTiles 100 piece set – excellent value for money.
Second place: PicassoTiles 60 piece set.
Third place: ShapeMags 32 piece set.
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Magnetic tiles and blocks can promote Fine Motor Skills
- Magnetic toys can encourage interest in STEM disciplines
How Magnetic Tiles and Building Blocks for Toddlers Encourage Motor Skills
To help your toddler practice reach, grasp, and release skills, provide magnetic tiles and building blocks of different shapes and colors.
Toddlers enjoy grasping objects and releasing them. Although this game can be trying, throwing toys helps your child practice their release skills and hand-eye coordination.
Magnetic toys can also be an excellent tool to practice a pincer grasp.
This fine motor skill involves coordination between a thumb and index finger to pick up small objects.
It is essential for writing, drawing, and other school-related skills.
Editor’s Choice – Our Top Pick Of The Best Magnetic Tile Set For A Toddler
Here’s why the PicassoTiles 100 Piece Magnetic Building Tiles Set is our top toddler magnetic tiles set:
- Toddlers love that there are so many colorful tiles for them to create with
- Enough tiles to allow your child to build more intricate structures and designs
- Compatible with other Picasso, Playmags and Magna Tiles sets for added creativity
- Encourages your child to explore design and creativity
- Interactive play with magnetic tiles is a great way to aid your toddler’s development
- Ideal for both independent or shared play
Check out our detailed review below if you’d like to know more about the PicassoTiles 100 piece set.
PicassoTiles 100 Piece Magnetic Building Tiles Set
If you have an aspiring toddler builder in your family, they’ll love the PicassoTiles 100 piece set as it allows them to explore their creativity while having fun!
This award winning set consists of
- 8 large squares
- 46 small squares
- 20 small triangles
- 12 medium triangles
- 14 tall triangles.
The see through tiles come in a variety of bright colors.
These are compatible with other Picasso tile sets as well as Magna-Tiles and Playmags.
This large set of tiles will give your child plenty of building fun.
It will also help them improve their color recognition, and sorting and counting skills.
This 100 piece set of Picasso magnetic tiles should give your child enough tiles to take on large building projects as well as allow them to share the fun with siblings and friends.
Kids love to use this set to tackle anything from small buildings to larger structures and even really tall skyscrapers.
This set of Picasso tiles will provide your child with hours of building fun.
Why not let your child get creative with these awesome building tiles and see where there imagination will take them?
Why We Recommend The PicassoTiles 100 Piece Magnetic Building Tiles Set
- Toddlers love that there are so many tiles in this set, giving them tons of building options!
- There are enough tiles in this set to allow your child to build more and complex structures
- The magnets are strong so the structures hold together well, making it more fun and less frustrating for your child
- Compatible with other Picasso tiles, Magna-Tiles and Playmags
- Helps develop your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Great way to encourage your child’s creativity and imagination
- Helps improve your child’s dexterity and motor skills through interactive play
- Wonderful way to teach your toddler about sharing and cooperative play
- This set is well made and designed to last for years
- Great value for your money and grows with your child
PicassoTiles 60 Piece Magnetic Tile Set
This PicassoTiles 60 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set is sure to provide your creative toddler with hours of building fun!
It has different sizes and shapes of tiles and comes with
- 4 large square tiles
- 24 small square tiles
- 18 small triangle tiles
- 8 medium size triangle tiles
- 6 large triangle tiles
This awesome STEM toy will allow your child to create a lot of different building designs, including 3D designs.
And they’re great for color recognition, counting and sorting, improving your child’s creativity and developing your child’s fine motor skills.
Ideal for either solo or group play, your child will love exploring the world of building with Picasso tiles.
Plus you also get a storage box, making clean up quick and easy and taking them somewhere very convenient.
And one of the best things about this 60 piece PicassoTile set, is that not only can it be added to other Picasso tile sets, but it’s also compatible with other magnetic tiles, including Magna-Tiles and Playmags.
So the construction and creativity experiences are endless!
Why We Recommend The PicassoTiles 60 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set
- Toddlers love creatively playing with these tiles
- Magnets that hold these tiles together work very well, so your child’s creations stay together
- Putting these tiles together and building different things will help your child develop their fine motor skills
- Encourages your child to explore design, imagination, creativity, building and more
- Through interactive play and design completion, it builds your child’s self-esteem and confidence
- Set grows with your child, allowing them to build more and more intricate designs as they grow
- PicassoTiles are compatible with other magnetic tiles, including Magna-Tiles and Playmags
- Gives you great value for your money as it grows with your child
- Tiles are very durable – the set will last for years
Shapemags 32 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set
If you would like to increase your toddler’s creative play time, then consider gifting them the award winning Shapemags 32 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set and let their imagination soar.
With this set, your child gets 32 magnetic tiles which includes 4 long triangles, 4 wide triangles, 8 regular triangles, 12 (3×3) squares, 1 special square, 1 double door, 1 (3×3) door, and 1 (3×3) window.
In addition, your child also gets 8 beautiful stile mags which include a yellow school bus, a tree, a dog, a fish in a bowl, traffic lights, a police car, an ambulance and a fire engine.
This takes building to a whole new level for your toddler as the stile mags add another dimension to their creative play.
The Stilemags will attach to the magnetic tiles to allow your child to decorate as they build their own designs and structures.
Your child can also learn through interactive play, expanding their math, science, geometry and critical thinking skills.
Why We Recommend Shapemags 40 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set
- Toddlers love these tiles and the Stilemags that come with them as they let them be more creative
- Comes with 32 magnetic tiles and 8 beautiful stile mags for added creativity
- Colorful tiles encourage your child to expand their building and creative skills
- Encourages your child to explore all kinds of design shapes and structures
- Allows your child to expand their imaginative skills through play
- Has an educational element to enhance your toddler’s math, geometry and science skills
- Through play, helps develop your child problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Tiles are the perfect size for small toddler hands to hold and build with
- Extremely well made and give value for money as other sets can be added to it
- Your child can play with them solo or with their toddler friends and sibling for added fun
BMAG 58 Piece Magnetic Building Block Set
This awesome BMAG 58 Piece Magnetic Building Block Set will provide your toddler with hours of creative building experiences!
The set comes with an ideas booklet to help your child get started, and everything comes in a beautiful gift box.
Each tile is made from high quality ABS plastic, which is totally safe for your child. Plus, as added safety precautions, all the tiles are sealed with rivets and they all have round edges.
With strong larger magnets, it’s easy for your child to put the tiles together in any kind of shape or structure they like.
This magnetic building block set is a great way to improve your child’s fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity.
It can also help teach your child about colors, sorting, counting, and shapes.
Recommend for kids age 3 and up, this BMAG Magnetic Building Block set is compatible with other big name magnetic tiles so your child can mix and match for even more building fun.
Why We Recommend The BMAG 58 Piece Magnetic Building Block Set
- Toddlers love creating all kinds of cool stuff with these magnetic tiles!
- Comes with 58 colorful tiles with added safety features giving you peace of mind
- Your child also gets an ideas booklet to fire up their imagination and get them started
- Wonderful way to encourage your child to explore their creativity while having fun
- Magnets are very strong so your child’s structures will hold together well
- Can help give your toddler a basic understanding of architecture, structural design, and geometry
- Great way to improve your child’s hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and dexterity
- Can be used to teach your child about gravity, colors, shapes, and counting
- Set is compatible with other big name magnetic tile sets
- Can help your child develop their spatial thinking while improving their logical thinking
- Great for helping your child expand their problem solving skills in a fun way
- Great toy for shared play and family bonding
- Parents we know love the high quality of the magnetic tiles and the budget friendly price
FunEdu 100 Piece Magnetic Tiles Building Set
The FunEdu 100 Piece Magnetic Tiles Building Set is a great building set for toddler who love being creative!
Made from non-toxic ABS plastic, this set includes all the pieces to entertain your toddler for months!
It also comes with a convenient storage bag and an instruction book with some ideas to get your child starting on their fun building adventure.
Kids especially love the animal tiles, stair pieces, and the car bases because those pieces allow them to be even more creative and build all kinds of cool things.
These magnetic tile toys make terrific learning tools for younger kids.
Your child can use them to practice identifying colors and shapes, counting, stacking, and sorting. They’ll also enjoy identifying the animals on the picture tiles.
Older toddlers will enjoy using these blocks to build all kinds of complex things and fun vehicles that they can play with until they decide to break them apart and build something new.
Parents like that this set of magnetic building tiles has some unique pieces that most other sets do not have.
Best of all, this set has enough pieces that your child can share, making building time even more fun.
Why We Recommend The FunEdu 100 Piece Magnetic Tiles Building Set
- These tiles provides toddlers with hours of fun building and creative play!
- Great activity for the whole family to share
- Has some unique pieces not found in most other sets
- Helps develop your child’s creativity and imagination
- Great way to improve your child’s fine motor and problem solving skills
- Wonderful way to help your child practice early learning skills, such as color and shape identification, counting, sorting, and stacking
- Has enough tiles to share and building with toddler friends or siblings for shared play
- Shared play will help your child learn cooperation and improve socialization skills
- Handy storage bag makes clean up quick and easy and keeps the tiles together so they don’t get lost
- Magnets hold the tiles together very well
- Tiles can be used as early learning tools as well as for building
This set is compatible with other magnetic tiles, including Magna-Tiles.
This open ended STEM building toy allows your child’s creativity and imagination to shine through as they build all sorts of fun creations that they’ll love showing off
What Else Is Available
Frequently Asked Questions About Magnetic Toys
Are Magnetic Tiles Safe for Toddlers?
Magnetic tiles are safe for toddlers and kids of all ages in general. When buying magnetic tiles and building blocks for your toddler, make sure to read the labels.
Safe magnetic tiles do not contain BPA, latex, or phthalates, so your child’s play can be worry-free.
How Magnetic Tiles and Building Blocks Promote Learning?
Colorful magnetic tiles and building blocks are a great activity to share with family, siblings, and friends, promoting your child’s language and social-emotional development.
However, they are also an excellent toy for independent play, providing your toddler with hours of fun and creative play.
Magnetic tiles and building blocks help develop a toddler’s imagination and creativity, problem-solving, fine motor, and other essential skills.
Can Magnetic Tiles and Building Blocks Improve Math Skills?
Yes. Magnetic toys and building blocks can be a great way to practice early math skills such as counting, sorting, pattern recognition, color and shape identification, and more.