Check Table of Contents
- How Playing Alone Benefits Your Child’s Development?
- Here Are Our Top Three Farm Toys
- Top Farmer Toys for Toddlers
- Editor’s Choice – Our Top Pick Of The Best Farm Toy For A Toddler
- Fisher-Price Little People Caring For Animals Farm
- Why We Recommend The Little People Caring for Animals Farm
- Schleich Farm World Stable With Horses And Accessories Playset
- Why We Recommend The Schleich Farm World Playset
- ALEX Toys Little Hands String A Farm
- Why We Recommend The ALEX Toys Little Hands String A Farm
- Great Farm Toy Accessories For Toddlers
- Frequently Asked Questions About Farm Toys
- Are Farm Toys for Toddlers Educational?
- What Can Farm Toys Teach to a Child?
- How to Encourage a Toddler to Play with Farm Toys?
- Where can I buy farm toys for my toddler?
- Can farm toys be a choking hazard for my toddler?
- What factors should I consider when buying farm toys for my kid?
- Can I get farm toys for my girl? Are they meant for boys?
When my nieces and nephew were little, my parents lived on a farm and they absolutely loved coming to grandma and grandpa’s farm to visit!
They were excited to see all the different animals, delighted when they got to pet some of them, thrilled when grandpa took them for a ride on the ‘big tractor’ and loved playing on the bales.
We decided to present you with this list of the best farm toys to memorise times at granny and granpa’s.
Affiliate disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you visit a link on our site and make a qualifying purchase, we may earn a commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Farm toys for toddlers are a great way to nurture a child’s social and emotional development
Playing with small farm toy pieces is ideal for improving your child’s fine motor and hand-eye coordination.
In addition, these toys are easy for small hands to manipulate, giving your child a sense of accomplishment and boosting confidence.
How Playing Alone Benefits Your Child’s Development?
Encourage your toddler to play alone with their farm toys.
When kids play alone, they develop a strong sense of independence, which can help them feel comfortable in any situation.
However, farm toys are also great for sharing with friends, helping your child develop their social skills and language.
Here Are Our Top Three Farm Toys
Our top pick: Fisher-Price Little People Caring For – for the youngest farm fans.
Second place: Green Toys Farm Playset
Third place: Schleich Farm World Stable With Horses And Accessories Playset – for players who are 3 years old or older.
Top Farmer Toys for Toddlers
Editor’s Choice – Our Top Pick Of The Best Farm Toy For A Toddler
Here’s why the Fisher-Price Little People Caring For Animals Farm is our top farm set toy for a toddler:
- Smart Stages technology allows children to learn as they play.
- Comes with a farmer, animals, pretend food, and blankets.
- Pressing the discovery buttons allows to see lights come on, hear songs, sounds, and phrases.
Check out our detailed review below if you’d like to know more about it.
Fisher-Price Little People Caring For Animals Farm
Fisher-Price Little People Caring For Animals Farm has Smart Stages technology and offers toddler 3 levels of play:
- each level uses phrases, songs, and sounds to teach different things, such as early math skills and fun facts about the animals.
It comes with a farmer, a cow, a horse, a chicken, and a pig.
- pretend food so they can feed all the animals and blankets to keep them warm.
- there are 2 red discovery buttons in different parts of the barn. Depending on what level it’s set on, kids get to learn something.
The discovery button at the front of the barn opens all the barn doors. The other is in the chicken coop.
- little silver bell for calling animals to eat
- trough at the front of each stall for putting the pretend food.
- drop through hayloft with a door that opens and closes.
When play time is over, all the pieces fit neatly inside the barn and the barn folds in half. Convenient handle on top of the barn lets it take on the go.
Why We Recommend The Little People Caring for Animals Farm
- Made from high quality, durable plastic that’s designed to withstand the rough and tumble play of toddlers.
- Lots of different activities that child can do, such as feeding the animals, placing them in stalls, and even the dropping them through hayloft.
- Easy to store and take outside home.
Schleich Farm World Stable With Horses And Accessories Playset
If your horse loving toddler would love to have their very own horse farm and stable, then they’ll be thrilled to receive this Schleich Farm World Stable With Horses And Accessories Playset!
The playset includes:
- 1 large stable
The roof of the stable is detachable. There are a number of skylights on the roof, which open and close.
- 1 mustang mare
- 1 mustang foal
- 1 rider figure
- 1 saddle and bridle
- 1 horse blanket
- 12 paddocks
The paddocks can be connected directly to the barn or set up independently. As combination with a barn child can create an area for horses to practice showjumping.
- 1 pitchfork
- 1 bale of hay
- 1 bale of straw
- 1 feed for the horses (carrots and apples)
- 2 planters with flowers…
- and of course, stickers!
Why We Recommend The Schleich Farm World Playset
- Tons of accessories to play with.
- It’s a decent sized set with fantastic interior detail.
- Perfect toy farm for getting a child into creative play.
ALEX Toys Little Hands String A Farm
The award-winning ALEX Toys Little Hands String A Farm is used by both occupational and physical therapists and is recommended for kids 3-5 years old.
The craft kit consists of:
- 12 cute farm-themed wooden beads: including a chicken, a duck, a cow, a pig, a barn, a sheep, a tractor, and more.
- cotton lacing string
- fire hydrant stopper
- rounded tip wooden stringing needle that doesn’t poke kids when they’re stringing the beads.
All the child has to do is feed the string through the wooden needle and then lace it through each of the wooden beads. These can be laced in any order, so it makes different collection each time.
And of course large, chunky wooden beads will stand up on their own, allowing them to play independently.
Why We Recommend The ALEX Toys Little Hands String A Farm
- Helps develop fine motor skills.
- Improves hand-eye coordination.
- Can be used for practicing sequencing and counting skills.
- Easy for small hands to manipulate.
Great Farm Toy Accessories For Toddlers
Almost all of the farm toys we have selected can be added to with various types of accessories: cool tractors, charming farm animals, barns that make cute animal sounds and other toys suitable for farm.
Big Farm 24 Pack Of Small Square Bales
If your toddler has a toy farm collection they’d like to add to, this Big Farm 24 Pack Of Small Square Bales will make a great addition:
- cute little bales measures 1 1/2″ x 3/4″ x 1″
- compatible with John Deere Big Farm vehicles, such as the Big Scoop Tractor and the Skid Steer Set
- made of high quality plastic.
And kids enjoy picking up the bales and loading them into a toy tractor, truck bed or wagon to haul around to feed the horses or cattle.
These bales are recommended for kids 3+ but may be suitable for younger children who are past the stage of putting things in their mouth.
Why We Like The Big Farm 24 Pack Of Small Square Bales
- Can be used in a variety of ways when playing farm.
- Enhances children’s imaginative play.
- Durable and made to last.
What Else Is Available
Frequently Asked Questions About Farm Toys
Are Farm Toys for Toddlers Educational?
Yes, they are.
Farm toys can teach toddlers valuable skills that are essential for their healthy development.
For example, farm toys can spark your child’s love for nature and promote important social skills.
Children learn responsibility, develop empathy, and practice self-regulation by pretend-caring for their farm animals.
What Can Farm Toys Teach to a Child?
Farm toys can be a great way to teach your child about nature and its cycles, animals, and life on a farm.
Many farm toys for toddlers come with sounds, songs, and phrases, helping your child develop language and early math skills.
How to Encourage a Toddler to Play with Farm Toys?
Provide various farm-themed toys and books to spark your toddler’s interest in farm toys and activities.
- Read together and encourage your child to name animals in the books.
- Sing songs and rhymes about animals.
- Plan a family trip to the farm to provide hands-on experience with animals.
Where can I buy farm toys for my toddler?
Farm toys can be purchased in many different places depending on your budget and what exactly you are looking for in a farm toy.
The most convenient place to find farm toys is at Amazon, as they can easily be delivered straight to your door.
If you are looking to take your child shopping in-person for farm toys, Target and Walmart are great options.
Some more options for finding farm toys can include your local thrift shop, eBay, Etsy, and Facebook Marketplace.
Can farm toys be a choking hazard for my toddler?
The answer to this question greatly depends on the type of farm toy you purchase for your toddler.
Most toys come with an age recommendation in order to provide your child with age-appropriate safety.
Following this recommendation and supervising your child’s play is the safest way to go.
What factors should I consider when buying farm toys for my kid?
When buying farm toys for your little one(s), always consider whether it’s age-appropriate and if it fits your child’s interests such as color and what excites them most.
It is also advisable to assess the price-quality match as well as durability.
Can I get farm toys for my girl? Are they meant for boys?
Most farm toys are gender neutral, coming in colors that show no direct designation for girls or boys.
Furthermore, farm set toys are considered one of the most gender neutral toys for preschool children.
So, get your little princess those farm toys!