Check Table of Contents
- Here Are Our Top Three Bouncy Toys
- Bouncy Toys are a Great Exercise for Babies and Toddlers
- Best Bouncing Toys For Babies
- Top Bounce Toys For 1 Year Old Toddlers
- Rockin’ Rider Legacy Grow With Me Pony
- Why We Recommend This Rockin’ Rider Legacy Grow With Me Pony
- Fisher Price 3-in-1 Bounce, Stride and Ride Elephant
- Why We Recommend The Fisher-Price Bounce, Stride and Ride Elephant
- iPlay iLearn Hopping Horse
- Why We Recommend This iPlay iLearn Hopping Horse
- Waliki Toys Bouncy Kent Inflatable Rhino
- Why We Recommend The Waliki Toys Bouncy Kent Inflatable Rhino
- Bouncing Inflatable Real Feel Hopping Horse
- Why We Recommend The Bouncing Inflatable Real Feel Hopping Horse
- What Else Is Available
- Bouncy Toys
- Rocking Horses
- Frequently Asked Questions About Bouncing Toys
- Bouncing Toys Resources
From beach balls, to pogo sticks and trampolines, kids of all ages love to play with toys that bounce or help them bounce up and down, up and down.
They always find ways to have an absolute blast with toys that help them move around in really fun and exciting ways!
With that in mind, we’ve come up with an awesome list of the best bouncy toys for babies and toddlers.
Any of the toys on this list make a great gift idea, be it for birthday, Christmas or anytime.
One of these is sure to put a smile on your little one’s face.
Affiliate disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you visit a link on our site and make a qualifying purchase, we may earn a commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Here Are Our Top Three Bouncy Toys
Our top pick for babies: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo – Infant jumper with tens of play opportunities besides jumping!
Second place: iPlay, iLearn Bouncy Pals Brown Hopping Horse
Third place: WALIKI Horse Hopper – Rhino! When you’d like a bouncy animal that’s not a horse, rhino may be next best choice for 2-year olds.
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Bouncy toys are great for improving a baby’s balance and motor skills
- Bouncy toys make exercise fun, keeping your child occupied for hours
Bouncy toys are great for pretend-play, as they promote creativity and imagination.
Some bouncy toys come with sound, encouraging conversation skills and language development.
Bouncy Toys are a Great Exercise for Babies and Toddlers
Whether they use them indoors or outside, bouncy toys are an excellent way to help your child burn endless energy while improving their balance, leg muscle strength, and gross motor skills.
They can be shared with siblings and peers, providing a great opportunity to practice turn-taking, sharing, and cooperation and boosting your child’s social and emotional skills.
Best Bouncing Toys For Babies
Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo
The Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo is a wonderful baby jumper that’s tons of fun for your baby and helps them with their developmental milestones.
This jumperoo has a cute red spotted frog seat that has lots of padding for extra body and head support and the seat cover removes easily and is machine washable.
The seat rotates 360 degrees and everywhere your little one turns, they’ll be treated to fun toys, and entertaining music, sounds and lights.
2 cute hanging toys – a blue frog and red bird – encourage your baby to reach up, bat at, and grasp. Down on the platform, there’s a colorful animal station with flashing lights, a blue bobbing elephant, a pretty red fish and a yellow swinging monkey. This is also where you’ll find the volume and sound control.
There are 2 volume levels and you can set the sound for either continuous music or only sounds. Setting it at continuous music gives your baby 4 minutes of fun music and after the 4 minutes are up, your little one has to spin the spinner, jump, or move around in order for the music to start playing again.
When you set it to only sounds, the only time your baby hears any sounds is when they make any kind of movement, such as jumping up and down or spinning around in the seat. This is a great way to teach cause and effect because your infant will quickly learn that they can control when the music or sounds start by jumping up and down or moving around.
Other fun things for your baby include a blue butterfly with soft black and white wings (great for chewing and sucking on), a rattle lizard, a peek-a-boo tiger, and a drum spinner that makes noise when your baby turns it.
This Fisher-Price jumper requires 3 X AA batteries (not included) to make the lights and music play, and holds a maximum weight of 25 pounds. It can be adjusted to 3 different height levels, allowing it to grow with your child.
Why We Recommend The Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo
- Lots of fun things for your baby to play with!
- Safe, durable and well made with a sturdy steel frame and soft spring covers
- Wide variety of attached toys for your baby to enjoy
- Has places where you can attach your baby’s own favorite toys
- Different textures for your baby to explore
- Sounds and music stimulate your infant’s auditory senses
- Stand alone jumper that doesn’t require a doorway for set up
- Encourages your baby to engage in interactive play
- Vibrant bright colors stimulate your baby’s visual senses
- Great way for your infant to learn about cause and effect as they figure out how to make the music and lights start
- Helps strengthen your baby’s leg muscles
- Improves your child’s balance, hand-eye coordination and motor skills
- Has 3 adjustable height levels
- Easy to assemble
- Folds up for storage and portability
Parents find it easy to assemble and it folds for convenient storage and portability.
As with any baby jumper, it’s recommended that your baby can hold their head up unassisted before they start using it.
The Rainforest Jumperoo is a great way to help strengthen your baby’s leg muscles, getting them ready for standing on their own and walking.
Jolly Jumper On A Stand
An alternative to doorway jumpers and those stand alone jumpers with surround toys is this Jolly Jumper On A Stand.
It’s a simple jumper that allows your infant to exercise their legs and have fun without the need for other entertainment.
This jumper is great for homes with smaller spaces since it doesn’t take up a lot of room and it’s extremely easy to transport for both indoor and outdoor use. Plus it can be easily taken down and stored when not in use.
The Jolly Jumper is easy to assemble and most parents said it only takes a few minutes to have it up and ready for their baby to bounce around in. Several parents shared that it has a really great bounce and their kids love it!
It’s designed to help your infant begin to improve their balance, which is important when learning to stand alone and take their first steps.
In addition, it also allows your child to bounce up down and even stand, helping them strengthen their leg muscles and preparing them for standing on their own and walking.
When set up this, this baby jolly jumper measures about 31″ wide X 51″ high and has a maximum weight capacity of 28 pounds. Only babies that can hold their head up with full neck support should use this jumper.
The chain is super strong and can be adjusted to different heights, allowing this jumper to grow with your child. The sturdy seat harness provides strong support for your baby’s spine, which helps strengthen their posture.
This Jolly Jumper is sure to give your baby hours of entertainment. And for even more fun, put on some music and watch your baby go!
Why We Recommend The Jolly Jumper On A Stand
- Babies love bouncing around in this jumper!
- Safe and secure for your baby
- Seat harness provides firm back and spine support for your infant
- Helps your child develop correct posture
- Great way to improve your baby’s balance and coordination
- Excellent way for your infant to strengthen their leg muscles
- Ideal smaller spaces
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Durable and well made
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to transport
Top Bounce Toys For 1 Year Old Toddlers
Rockin’ Rider Legacy Grow With Me Pony
The Rockin’ Rider Legacy Grow With Me Pony is a versatile bouncing toy that goes from a simple bouncer to a rocker to spring horse.
When you press the right ear of this horse, your one year old can hear the “Little Pony Song”.
Press the left ear and there are cute phrases and sounds for your little toddler to enjoy.
The horse’s mouth actually moves as he sings or talks!
This adds to the fun of this pony who comes with beautiful embroidered eyes.
The seat of the bouncer and rocker measures 11 inches and when you change to the spring, the seat is 18 inches high.
The bouncing horse for toddlers has a motion activated galloping sound that your little one is sure to love.
It also comes with a volume control, so your 1 year old can ride the range all day long with driving you the parent nuts!
It does take 3 AA batteries that are included with the pony.
Why We Recommend This Rockin’ Rider Legacy Grow With Me Pony
- Great For Imaginative Fun: Your toddler will enjoy playing cowboy or cowgirl on this cute talking horse
- Encourages Communication: Kids love that this horse talks and it encourages your toddler to talk back and have their own imaginary conversations with the pony
- Realistic Looking: Unlike many toy rocking or bouncing horses, this one looks like a real pony
- Easy to Assemble: Parents find that this bouncy rocking pony is pretty easy to assemble
- Versatile: With 3 different ways to use this horse, it is a versatile toy that most young children love.
Fisher Price 3-in-1 Bounce, Stride and Ride Elephant
This cute Fisher Price 3-in-1 Bounce Stride and Ride Elephant is a versatile 3 in 1 toy that’s sure to please one year toddlers and parents alike.
This elephant has colorful light up buttons, plays 30 songs, has bee on his head, and a roller ball to add to the ways your child can play him.
Toddlers love his big red floppy ears made from soft fabric.
They are fascinated with all the lights, sounds and music.
Using this elephant as ride on toy and as walker will help your child develop their leg muscles and gross motor skills which will help them walk and later to run, jump and play.
The bouncing aspect of this cute little elephant bounce, stride and ride on toy helps your child improve their balance.
The elephant is really multi functional!
It goes from a stationary toy to one that your one year old can bounce on, to a foot propelled ride on toy, to a walker with a handle that will help steady your child’s first steps
Why We Recommend The Fisher-Price Bounce, Stride and Ride Elephant
- Toddlers just love this cute bounce and ride elephant!
- Music, lights and sounds keep your little one engaged for hours of fun
- Fantastic toy for imaginative play as your toddlers creates their own adventures
- Great for helping your toddler to develop and improve their balance
- Grows with your toddler offering great value for money
- Easy assembly which parents love!
iPlay iLearn Hopping Horse
Isn’t the iPlay iLearn Hopping Horse the most adorable bouncy horse you’ve ever seen!
He is sure to be a huge hit with your one year old toddler who’ll just fall in love with him the minute they see him.
Measuring 19.5” X 19.5” X10”, he can find a place even in smaller rooms.
He is covered with a soft touchable material that children enjoy hugging and comes with a pump for easy inflation.
This bouncy hopping horse is designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
We would suggest though that if you use this horse out of doors, you use him on the grass and make sure that there are no sharp sticks or rocks, as children can actually make this horse hop across an area.
This cute Hopping Horse will help your 1 year old develop balance, coordination and stamina, and also gives them a fun way to exercise.
Why We Recommend This iPlay iLearn Hopping Horse
- Tons Of Fun: Your toddler is sure to have tons of fun riding this horse and imagining themselves riding the range wrangling cows or chasing after buffalo.
- Durable: This little horse is extremely durable and should hold up well until your 1 yr old outgrows it
- Can Actually Move Across The Floor: Slightly bigger children can actually make this horse move across the floor while bouncing on it
Waliki Toys Bouncy Kent Inflatable Rhino
The Waliki Toys Bouncy Kent Inflatable Rhino is a cute little pink rhino. It comes with a pump to inflate it.
This bouncing Rhino holds up to 150 pounds.
Smaller toddlers can bounce up and down on this bounce toy and slightly larger toddlers can actually get him to bounce along the floor.
Made from extra thick material, it helps your toddler strengthen their legs, arms and trunk muscles, while at the same time helping to improve their overall balance.
Why We Recommend The Waliki Toys Bouncy Kent Inflatable Rhino
- Stimulates Imagination: This Rhino is great for imaginative play, from riding it, to hunting it while on safari, or pretending to be a zoo keeper and feeding this Rhino, your child will spend hours in imaginative play
- Makes Exercise Fun: Bouncing on this Rhino will provide your toddler with exercise, helping them to develop their leg muscles.
- Easy To Inflate And Holds Air Well: Parents like that this Rhino comes with its own air pump and is easy to inflate and holds air exceptionally well.
- Durable: Comes with a 2 year warranty
Bouncing Inflatable Real Feel Hopping Horse
With it’s ears cut long for a better hold, and it’s legs cut short for a better bounce, this Bouncing Inflatable Real Feel Hopping Horse should provide tons of fun for your one year old.
Unlike those plastic feeling bodied bouncing toys, this Hopping Horse has a plush covering that makes him feel “real” to small children.
This makes him extremely huggable, as well as more fun to ride.
He comes in 3 beautiful colors: black and brown, white and black, and orange and brown. So there are some nice choices for your toddler.
Why We Recommend The Bouncing Inflatable Real Feel Hopping Horse
- Feeds The Imagination: Every toddler goes through the cowboy or cowgirl phase and this horse will lead to hours of imaginative play riding the range or playing rodeo
- Easy To Inflate: This Hopping Horse is easy to inflate which parents love, especially at Christmas! Pump is included.
- Plush Covering: Small children love the feel of the horse’s plush covering and think he’s ‘real’!
Frequently Asked Questions About Bouncing Toys
Is it Safe to Use Bouncy Toys for Babies?
Yes, it is, as long as you use age-appropriate bouncy toys and supervise your baby while playing.
Bouncy toys can help your infant practice their emerging gross motor skills such as balance, coordination, and reflexes.
You can use them in the playground or inside your house to ensure your baby gets enough exercise time each day.
How Can Your Toddler Benefit from Bouncy Toys?
Toddlers gain greater independence and show more interest in gross motor play.
They have endless energy that needs to be burned, so bouncy toys can be used as an excellent outlet. In addition, bouncy toys make exercise fun, helping your toddler improve their agility and muscle strength.
According to Dinosauraddicts.com article, mostly same is true for rocking toys.
Rocking and bouncing toys can also be excellent toys for imaginative play, helping your toddler develop language, imagination, and social skills.
What factors should I consider when Buying Bouncing Toys?
To make the best choice of bouncing toys, consider factors such as fun, safety, your child’s preference and price.
Pick the toy that would be most fun for your child depending on their age and individual preferences.
For instance, if your child would love to ride horses, a horse-shaped bouncer would be more fascinating for them.
Also, ensure that the toy’s price matches its quality.
Are Bouncing Toys Good for Children with Special Needs?
Yes, there are bouncer balls specifically designed for children with special needs.
They have greater stimulation than other bouncer balls and are excellent for balance and gross motor skills.